Thursday, August 4, 2016

Temptation, the Mother of All Sins (2)

Temptations , the Mother of All Sins (2)
“Now God saw that the earth had become corrupt and was filled with violence.  God observed all this corruption in the world, for EVERYONE ON EARTH (emphasis mine) was corrupt. “ Gen. 6:12.
As far as corruption is concerned, everyone is involved in it. Rom. 3:23 confirms this when it says “For ALL have sinned and have come short of the glory of God”.  It is the nature and magnitude of corruption that differs.  A man who cheats on his wife, a man or woman who falsifies records in his office, a business what side-tracks tax laws, a generator seller who will not want to see uninterrupted power supply successfully implemented, a child who lies, a lazy student who relies of “expo” to succeed in his examinations, a lecturer or a boss who demands sex for success in examination or promotion to higher levels, a pastor who steals church money or says “the Lord sayeth” when the Lord has actually not spoken,  the latest of it all, the Dansuki Gate,  Padding the budget, or a young man or girl who takes to political thuggery as a way to survive  and so on, are all corrupt.
 When a man is corrupt, 2 Pet 1:4 makes it clear that it is the desire of his heart that causes it  “… the word’s corruption caused by human desires”.  Every corruption is preceded by temptation to manipulate a situation to suit us whether it is God’s will for us or not.  When our desires comes, it takes over everything.  We don’t want to know what God says or wants us to do.  I once approached a man on a Sunday morning to minister to him.  He welcomed me well.  After our exchange, he held his cup of beer and  said “Pastor, pray for me.  The only problem I have is my desire for alcohol.  I just found it rather difficult to drop this cup.  I know I am a prophet  by nature but this object (alcohol) is my problem.”  I did tell him, why not join drop this cup now and let’s go to church? He said, it is difficult to do.  I said drop it now, go to church and pray.  There’s no point praying for you in this beer parlour because you won’t be able to drop the cup.  He would follow me. Amazingly, the while I was returning from the church on a New Year’s eve, I came across him and he gave me a prophesy with a specific date of its happening – 15th of February.  And on that day the prophesy came to pass!
Even though we are all prophets, the negative desires of our hearts made it impossible for us all to “drop our cups” so we fall most times.  I, preaching to you am not exempted from this vile just as Paul confessed “what I don’t like to do, I do” and Jesus said (in his fleshy state) “if it were possible, remove this cup from me”.  He rejected death which is God’s will for him.  It was God who helped him accomplish his goal of salvation for us all.  The desire to live made Abraham lie to the King.
The antidote to temptation remains that we should live and walk with God and be in spirit always. It is the spirit of the Lord that will create the fear of the Lord (Prov. 1:7) in our hearts like Joseph who said “why must I commit this sin against my God?”.  I know it is tough to face temptations and resist it when our hearts desires want it. But with God (Luke 1:37) all things are possible.  Stay with God today and overcome temptations! God bless you in Jesus name.  Prayer Point: Father, grant me the grace to walk with you from today in Jesus name.

Thank you for reading reading Daily Energiser which I know must have blessed you. Please recommend it to your friends.

No comments: