Tuesday, November 13, 2018

IF IT HAD HAPPENED BUT THANK GOD IT DID NOT


Today’s Energiser
Genre:  Inspirational and Motivational
Topic:  IF IT HAD HAPPENED!

Thank God it did not!  But I just imagined (best to leave it at the imagination relm)  if it had happened, many things would have been said for or against me.  I recalled someone recently someone said concerning my farming ambition, “And you left the whole of Iyin and went all the way to Erio in your quest to farm.  What on earth are you looking for there?   If it had actually happened, this person would have said, “But I said it, what is he looking for that he cannot get within his Immediate Iyin  environment and had to waste himself away just this way?”   But the answer is that as far as commercial farming is concerned, there’s no tractorable land Iyin area and any land upon which a tractor cannot work is not suitable for a profitable farming.   The only available tractorable land in our environment is the 20-minute drive Erio Government Agric Settlement.  I had to take advantage of it.
Some would say, “Only God knows what he is looking for again as a Pensioner that makes him so restless day and night bumping himself up and down the dangerous roads in the name of farming?”   My simple response is that everyone knows where the shoes pinch him or her.  As long as the shoes still pinch and gives discomfort, he will always be on his toes.  First, I know the very points at which my own pair of shoes pinch me so, I must respond to it appropriately by working, I mean farming.  By the way what’s wrong in being constructively engaged?  It is in Nigeria that a 60 or 75 years old man considers himself old enough not to lift his fingers!  As for me, by God’s grace,  if God wills, I shall still be farming and driving at age 100 years, though it may not be commercial farming because “bodily exercise profiteth little’.  I need that little to keep me fit.
 Secondly, common logic dictates that there is no amount of money a pensioner receives that  inflation will not render inadequate after just  3  years  into retirement if nothing is done to augment it?  I don’t want to beg for bread at my old age.
 So I must still spend the abounding energy (thanks be to God),  to prepare myself ready for my old age care while it is still there.   This is one of the reasons, I had to voluntarily retire at 51 years of age.  I hear someone say, “But your children are there to cater for you at your old age.”   I have this to say, “Yes, I know I am blessed with wonderful children who would not hesitate to take good care of me at my old age but  I must wait till I am really old before looking up to them for support, not at age 62.  And the support must be humane enough as to allow them to cater for their own families too, if not, I might end up being a burden to them which I pray not to be. 
One of the problems of families is perpetual recycling of poverty by placing serious burdens upon one another.  I don’t want this in my own family set up.  I want my children to be truly free indeed.  That’s why I did not have more than the number of children I could cater for.  I hate the idea of the children, particularly the first, second and third becoming the burden bearers for my 6th, 7th,8th and the 12th Children?  I must be responsible for the upbringing of all the children that God has given to me, not my older children who should be catering for their own families! 
What really happened and what was the cause?    It was a near-road accident that would have taken place approximately a few poles to Erio, coming from Aramoko Ekiti yesterday 12th November 2018. 
There was this Siena SUV car driven by a very sane and defensive driver coming from the opposite direction.  He spotted a deep pot hole before him, slowed down gently went into it and came out without posing any danger to me on the opposite lane.  However, there came from nowhere behind him, this crazy also a Sienna  SUV car driven by an insane driver who ran at a speed of light, suddenly noticing that the vehicle in his front slowed down and without any proper check, dashed towards his left and faced me s

quarely on the opposite lane.  To God be the glory, I managed, within a split second, to swerve to my (of course bushy) right hand side and with just a margin of less than 0.75” between us, an AVOIDABLE I head-on collision was averted!
This is the skill and luck that many did not have, that led to calamities on our roads and which makes it look as if God does not answer prayers.  Fellow road users, let’s all be careful on our roads.  Expect a fool at the corner.  Take it that you are the only sane driver on the road as you use our roads.
 All road accidents are preventable if only we will all adjust to the dictates of our roads.   Unlike Ondo State’s THREE successive (PDP/APC) Governments, who abandoned their roads at the detriment of all, Governors Fayemi and Fayose, I can attest,  did their very best to fix Ekiti roads, particularly these so-called Federal Roads  but they still wear out fast because surely over-used.   I salute them.  Let Governor Fayemi please help re-fix the roads again so that we the users will not continue to be ensnared by the deadly potholes.  Above all, I give glory to God Almighty for protecting all of us who would have been victims.  There would have been another  lie told by many people that the “ember” months are life claimers! Please share extensively.  You may be saving a life.
Visit my blogsite www.dailyenergiser.blogspot.com for more inspirational and motivational articles (including this one).   Stay blessed.

No comments: